RE: Identify Method

From: Jeff Peterson (Jpetersonat_private)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 08:45:39 PDT

    Jeff has been tagged for th warez scene.  I had this happen to my FTP
    server.  I finally had to make the whole site read-only.  I had the very
    same passwords used, along with others, such as "uberdeleter".  Your address
    will appear on a site known to the warez people as SWAA.  A brief
    description of available files may be included in the posting.  In the near
    future people in the warez know will start using your site for storage, they
    may download files, or just start randomly deleting files.

    You should tighten security very much, and very soon.

    Jeff Peterson,
    Former warez victim.

    P.S.  Is it wrong to slip a trojan into the stuff they download, and hit
    them back?  :)