RE: Identify Method

From: Jose Nazario (joseat_private)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 10:02:41 PDT

    On Wed, 30 May 2001, Jeff Peterson wrote:

    > Jeff has been tagged for th warez scene.  I had this happen to my FTP
    > server.  I finally had to make the whole site read-only.  I had the
    > very same passwords used, along with others, such as "uberdeleter".
    > Your address will appear on a site known to the warez people as SWAA.

    to get an idea of the extent of this (anonymous ftpd writes for warez), do
    a web search on 'test345':

    	http://www.google.com/search?q=TEST345

    in a nutshell, you'll find a lot of current and outdated warez sites
    hitting a lot of places. it looks like some tools use this as their mkdir
    test (ie mkdir TEST345).

    hope this helps

    jose nazario						     joseat_private
    	      	     PGP: 89 B0 81 DA 5B FD 7E 00  99 C3 B2 CD 48 A0 07 80
    				       PGP key ID 0xFD37F4E5 (pgp.mit.edu)