RE: Identify Method

From: Keith.Morgan (Keith.Morganat_private)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 09:16:09 PDT

    Our honeypot was compromised this weekend following the exact same activity.
    I haven't taken the time yet to do a forensic analysis of the box, and may
    not bother.  I do know that the breach was via buffer overflows in wu-ftpd
    (unpatched).  More detailed info may follow.

    Keith T. Morgan
    Chief of Information Security
    Terradon Communications
    keith.morganat_private