A new Code Red variant

From: Scott Wunsch (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 11:06:42 PDT

    Glancing at my Apache logs, I noticed what looked like a typical Code Red
    hit at 11:50:59 CST from 61.141.213.162 (which resolves to a name in .cn).
    I fired up my web browser and pointed it at that IP, wondering whether it
    was defaced by CRv1, or looked normal (i.e., CRv2).

    It appears likely to be defaced, all right, but not with the usual CRv1
    message.  Could we have yet another new strain out there?

    In case the box has been cleaned up, I mirrored the defaced page at
    <http://www.wunsch.org/mirrors/codered/>.  The text is as follows, in red
    on a black background:

    --
    Take care,
    Scott \\'unsch

    ... St... St... Stu... St... Stuttering Ta... Tagline.