Re: http://www.worm.com/default.ida? requests

From: Robin Stevens (robin.stevens@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 11:07:21 PDT

    On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 04:36:18PM +0100, Sean Kelly wrote:
    > 	My webcache is having a massive ammount of requests for
    > http://www.worm.com/default.ida?.  Is this an infected machine trying to
    > scan, or is this a scanner trying to detect compromised hosts?

    On the last round, the hosts trying to access it matched almost exactly
    those found to be vulnerable to Code Red.  One host managed 46 million
    requests over a 30 hour period.

    Once again we've got hosts hammering away at the cache with requests for
    that URL, and some admins not taking them offline when asked.  *sigh*

    --
    --------------- Robin Stevens  <robin.stevensat_private> -----------------
    Oxford University Computing Services ----------- Web: http://www.cynic.org.uk/