Re: CRv2 multiple scans from same source IP

From: Chris Freeze (cfreezeat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 19:58:19 PDT

    On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, John Davidson wrote:

    > My W2k IIS logs show 3 CRv2 scans from the same source IP within the same
    > minute.

    Here everytime I get scanned, my Apache logs are showing a double hit.
    Snort is also logging the two back-to-back attempts.  Another weird bit is
    that some hosts are hitting me again as quickly as 45 minutes. I wonder if
    some people are running injectors(c).  I've also noticed that I'm getting
    hit by different hosts about every 2 mintutes.  I wonder if we have hit a
    saturation point. Anyone thought about the total time for this to have
    statistically scanned the entire IP address space?  Someone out there has
    to be a statistician..