Re: CRv2 multiple scans from same source IP

From: corecode (corecodeat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 14:39:36 PDT

    At 08:51 PM 8/6/2001, Andy Berkheimer wrote:

    > >On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, corecode wrote:
    > >
    > >> it could generate the same ip address again in it's PRNG but the chance
    > >> this happening is near 0.
    > >
    > >You're saying that the chance it will try a duplicate IP again later is 0?
    > >Not quite 0...
    > >
    > >My logs also bear out that dupes are common.

    ok. thank you for all the emails :)

    generating the same ip address is of course probable - more probable than
    with code red.
    but i was talking about infection attempts following right after each
    other. this should still be most unlikely.
    i don't know how one can explain these mass dupes, perhaps a proxy trying
    to establish a connection, or a NAT'ed network behind?

    cheerz
       corecode