DHCP, ARP, oh my Anyone know of an exploit that dupes ARP on wind ows 95?

From: Reeves, Michael (GEAE, Compaq) (michael.reevesat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 06:29:19 PDT

    Yesterday we had a machine that caused a nasty ARP storm and started
    snagging DHCP addresses as fast as it could (stealing addresses). It was
    ARPing as if it were every machine on the network. It was a windows 95 box
    and was immediately pulled off of the network. Once the machine was rebooted
    it stopped. Doing a quick onceover on the machine and looking through the
    registry I didn't see anything that seemed suspect. I have seen bad NICs
    cause broadcast storms but this is a first for me. If anyone knows of any
    exploits or seen anything like this as a hardware failure could ya let me
    know.

    Thanks,

    Mike Reeves
    Security Administrator