Re: CR vs. CoreBuilder

From: John Hall (j.hallat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 12:57:19 PDT

    The notice you referenced says that CBOS v2.4.2 fixes the problem, it
    does not.  If you have the 675 configured to allow access to the web
    admin port, whether or not the web admin service is enabled, it still
    can crash the router.  I severely limit incoming packets below 1024,
    so I just set the web admin port number to be one that my filters
    drop and I've had no problems since.  There is definitely still a
    problem with the 675, it's just not as serious as before.

    JMH