Re: What the *** is this

From: dmuz (dmuzat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 13:16:42 PDT

    "What we have here is failure to communicate..."

    I think that the issue here is the various nomenclatures that have been
    given to Code Red. Here are the versions as I understand it, with names
    that I have seen each called. You'll notice the discrepancies:

    Code Red == Code Red I == CRvI (original)
    Code Red I version 2 == Code Red II == CRv2 (no backdoor, same codebase
    as first)
    Code Red II == Code Red III == CRvIII (leaves the backdoors)

    The first column is what I have been using. To bad this was not
    standardized somehow, because it has caused a fair amount of confusion.

    So I believe the article is referring to what I call Code Red II.

    dmuz