Re: Do you know any Day 0 hacks use port 139? (fwd)

From: Blake McNeill (mcneillbat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 14:01:33 PDT

    My first guess would be that your seeing the effects of SirCam.  In addition
    to being spread by email SirCam once installed looks for open file shares on
    other machine on the network to infect.  It does this by check port 139.  If
    you like, I have been keeping statistics concerning Red Code and SirCam on
    my local @Home providers and have posted the resulting graphs on
    http://members.home.net/mcneillb/.  SirCam first showed up on our local ISP
    on July 19th or 20th and has been very persistent since then with anywhere
    from 15 - 45 probes a day to my system.

    Blake