Possible scan?

From: Erik Benner (erikat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 17:25:33 PDT

    Am I missing something? I have seen a lot of attempts (90+ today) for a GET
    /is_this_the_index.cfm HTTP/1.0 on my web server in the last day. Is this a
    new scan, or some robot that I can't find documentation about? I traced the
    source IP back to a company that looks like a spam company. I called their
    number , and got a "please leave a message after the tone" recording. Not
    much hope for help there.

    Thanks
    Erik