Flash Worms

From: Stuart Staniford (stuartat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 17:48:17 PDT

    After reading Nick Weaver's excellent analysis of the Warhol worm idea (a
    worm that can infect all vulnerable servers on the Internet in less than 15
    minutes), we at Silicon Defense came up with a variant of his design that
    could go faster.

    We argue that a well-prepared and well-designed worm could infect all
    vulnerable Internet servers in less than thirty seconds - something we are
    calling a Flash Worm.

    If you weren't already numb with terror about how to cope with what's
    likely to  come down your favorite Internet pipe in the next year or two:

    http://www.silicondefense.com/flash/

    Stuart.

    --
    Stuart Staniford     ---     President     ---     Silicon Defense
             ** Silicon Defense: Technical Support for Snort **