Re: Code Red - A Possible Origin?

From: Michael J. Cannon (mcannonat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 13:22:19 PDT

    Saw the message in source, when I was looking at the site originally.

    But couldn't this also be a red herring, placed there by the author of CR to
    divert suspicion...it is, after all, easy and trivial to add that to a web
    page's source.

    Especially given that they are running on Linux and Apache (link here:
    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.tao.ca)  Note:  again,
    netcraft results to be taken as an indicator and not gospel.  However, it
    makes sense, since they are otherwise so down on Microsoft and seem to glory
    in their 'leetness.'

    Mike