Nimda infecting executables

From: Johannes Verelst (johannesat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 06:28:30 PDT

    Hi,

    Our company was heavily infected, so our sysadmins are now cleaning the
    machines one by one using an updated version of NAI's Netshield.

    This program finds a lot of infected .exe files, so it looks like the worm
    also infects executables. Since I didn't see that on the list yet I
    reported it. Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

    Johannes