VIRUS Riddled MIRC program?

From: Brian Heathfield (bh01641at_private)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 07:20:20 PDT

    Following several odd occurrences during and after chat room sessions by
    other chat room members, I have done some log analysis, and found one common
    thread.  The problems were only occurring during sessions when one or more
    members were using a specific IRC program.

    I downloaded that program today and started an analysis, but stopped after
    only 5 minutes, as the program had already tried to infect my PC with 7
    viruses, which were various variants of three unique viruses.  I then
    contacted McAfee lab personnel and they confirmed my findings.

    I also verified that all the mirror sites had exactly the same copy of this
    encapsulated program, and that the checksums validated correctly.  The
    conclusion from this is that the program that originates from Turkey was
    encapsulated with the viruses already in.  The nature of one of these
    viruses indicates that it may have been a deliberate act.

    The program is VirusScript2000, which probably says it all.

    Brian