Re: Network 195.70.202.0/24 is hacker-freindly

From: Mike Lewinski (mikeat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 09:29:12 PST

    > Are you willing to communicate with address blocks that have a
    > report-handling policy like this one?

    No, they are null-routed here (based on our own experiences, and not
    necessarily on unconfirmed reports on a list such as this). We typically
    inform the parent ISP's noc of this decision.

    > Do you know of a blacklist for documented networks with bad network
    > abuse handling policies aka. hacker friendly.

    http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/ lists networks that don't maintain the required
    abuse address, fwiw.

    I think that a blacklist for such networks is not a bad idea, if it can be
    objectively maintained in some way.

    In fact, I'd go beyond this and say it might be time to come up with a
    BGP-based blacklist (null /32's?) tied into an IDS (preferably on a network
    that doesn't have any real hosts, to minimize false positives, and with a
    timeout for entries so that infected hosts which are later cleaned aren't
    permanently penalized).

    Mike