RE: Network 195.70.202.0/24 is hacker-freindly

From: Boyan Krosnov (bkrosnovat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 16:48:46 PST

    I had an abuse report case today in which the party responsible for the
    addresses basicaly said:
    "Viruses are not network abuse" and " People who have registered the
    addresses are not the ones who the abuse report should be sent to."
    And they were, of course, given a course on how abuse reporting
    works(and has worked in mass histeria times like Code Red, etc.), and
    why they should participate in it. Not that it changed their mind, but
    we tried, really.

    The last exchange was like:
    me: "If you don't take responsibility for actions made from your
    addresses, we are seriously considering the posibility of stopping any
    exchage of traffic with your addresses."
    them: "NO PROVIDER ON THIS WORLD takes this responsibility. You are
    wrong " and bla,bla,bla and "There is a recomendation of the European
    union that every provider should provide anonymous access to their
    network, so we don't have to care who is behind every single account."
    a colegue: "If you really think that "phone companies are not
    responsible for conversations over their networks" (an actual quote of
    you), would you please give me your phone number so that I can call you
    every night between 2 and 5. But don't contact the phone company about
    that, because they "are not responsible", so there is no need for them
    to do anything."

    What do you all-on-this-list think about it?
    Are you willing to communicate with address blocks that have a
    report-handling policy like this one?
    Do you know of a blacklist for documented networks with bad network
    abuse handling policies aka. hacker friendly.

    BR,
    CCNP Boyan Krosnov
    Network Administrator
    Lirex Net