Re: Network 195.70.202.0/24 is hacker-freindly

From: Nissa Moore - ISSM (moorenat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 17:03:37 PST

    It seems to me very unethical not to mention unprofessional
    of the Network Adminstrator to not clean up his/her infected
    machines.  If the network administrator is truly aware of the
    infection, they are putting not only their network at risk,
    but every other network that attaches to them.  Also if that
    network administrator is truly aware of the infection and
    isn't willing to clean it, they can possibly lose their job,
    and or be arrested for intentionally spreading viruses.
    By the way intentionally spreading viruses/worms is a U.S.
    federal crime.

    It's also unprofessional, unethical, and illegal to scan
    someone else's network without their consent.

    Pavel Lozhkin wrote:

    > Hello !
    >
    > I got attempt to infect my server by Nimda virus from 195.70.202.138
    > The administrator of the network (it is San Peterburg state University's
    > net) wrote me on my complain that he does not want to clean his infected
    > machines and that he does not have any contract with my firm so that i'm
    > unable to ask him to clean these computers from where i got these
    > attempts and unable to ask him anything.
    > And he will scan me in any time if he wants, and i should not ask him to
    > stop that.
    >
    > So that i consider the net 195.70.202.0/24 as uncontrolled one and block
    > the network by my firewall and recommend all peoples do the same thing
    >
    > Pavel

    Nissa Moore
    Spawar - Tidewater Region - ISSM
    ComNavBase Bld V53 Room 394