Re: *MAJOR SECURITY BREACH AT CCBILL**

From: Dayne Jordan (djordanat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 14:26:12 PST

    CCBILL just sent this email to all their customers...essentially
    backing up everything we informed them of.

    It appears that CCBILL is in agreement with our initial findings.
    I will still argue the actual numbers of accounts that have
    been compromised. But this is a step in the right direction.

    D. Jordan
    CompleteWeb.Net
    =======================

    On 12/20/01 at 1:59 PM supportat_private <supportat_private> wrote:

    >CCBill has had an incident that compromised a minimal percentage of our customer's
    hosting server user names and passwords. While we are investigating the circumstances,
    as an added precaution, we feel it is important that all of our customers consider the
    following:

    >In order for your account to have been potentially affected, your setup must meet the
    following criteria:

    >1. Unix/Linux box.
    >2. Submitted ftp/telnet/ssh information about your current server to CCBill.
    >

    >At this time we are asking all of our CCBill clients to take the following steps:
    >
    >1. Please change your server password(s) or have your host do so.
    >2. Please have your host scan your server(s) for an installation of 'eggdrop' and to
    see if port 9872 is open.
    >3. If the instance does occur and your host is unfamiliar with how to disable the
    installation, please have them contact eggdropat_private with the Subject line -
    Eggdrop removal - and someone in our support department will contact them immediately.