Comcast.net abuse contact?

From: rootat_private
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 06:20:08 PST

    Hello,

    Does anyone out there have a valid abuse reporting contact for the
    comcast.net domain?  Comcast is a cable internet provider who owns both the
    comcast.com and comcast.net domains.  Their customers often appear in my
    firewall logs attempting massive port scans, probes for trojans... your
    usual "script kiddie on a broadband connection" type of stuff.

    Their Web sites feature mostly inane drivel and marketing promotions,
    providing nothing useful in the way of company contact details.  I sent
    reports of their users abusing my firewall only to have emails to
    abuseat_private and abuseat_private bounce back to me.

    Anyone have the valid abuse email?  Perhaps a phone number?

    (Am i alone in wishing that there could be SEVERE legal - or preferably
    physical - penalties for anyone found operating a domain WITHOUT valid
    postmaster and abuse email boxes?  I'd personally volunteer to my resources
    to dispatch test emails to domains at random for those two addresses,
    demanding a response.  If one didn't arrive in a certain amount of time,
    then oversight bodies would be called in to levy fines, public floggings,
    etc.  ah well, a man can dream.)

    Brian Rea
    Senior Network Engineer
    PhysioMetrics