Help please

From: Ryan Hairyes (rhairyesat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 11:41:05 PST

    Hello all.

    I am having some trouble and would like to know if someone can help me out.
    Right now my mailserver (RedHat 7.2) is being used by unwanted guest to
    attack adult sites via port 80 (Apache 1.3.20).  When I run a netstat -an
    on my system I can "see" them connected to my machine.  I have snort and
    have run that as well and sure  enough they are there.  It seems as though
    they are using my apache to do brute force password cracking on these adult
    sites.  Thanks in advance.

    Ryan

    Ryan Hairyes
    Network Administrator -- Lee County School System
    919.774.6226 x 1252
    rhairyesat_private