Stack Execution

From: Hornat, Charles (Charles_Hornatat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 12:27:43 PST

    If I disable stack execution in Solaris 6 and 8, am I still vulnerable to the SNMP vulnerability.  Cert makes a comment to this but it isn't clear.  Either it stops stack smashing or it doesn't.  Any information would be appreciated.

    Thank you in advance,

    Charles

    The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

    Thank you,
    Standard & Poor's