ckcool?

From: Bob Maccione (Bob_Maccioneat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 06:45:01 PST

    I have a friend that got hacked running linux.  Luckly it's an inmature
    enough hack that the mess left behind told me what happened.  In this case a
    user was created called 'ckcool' and then a rootkit was thrown down.  I'm
    going to get the disk from him to see what all was done but one thing
    puzzled me.  It seems that the password on the Linksys firewall/router was
    also changed.

    Has anyone seen/heard of any vulnerabilities in the Linksys Cable/DSL
    router/firewalls?

    thanks
    bob