RE: ckcool?

From: Bob Maccione (Bob_Maccioneat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 14:51:14 PST

    It appears that the he had opened the FTP and Telnet ports on the Linksys
    and I noticed a line in the /var/log/messages indicating that root was
    aquired via ftp.  (i don't have the disk here right now but am going to
    mount it up on a box at home to look at the filesystem).

    Luckly it wasn't a professional job since there was a home dir called ckcool
    and the .so's that were changed were in there.  There was also a passwd-,
    etc in /etc.

    I'm going to take the disk back home and will attempt to summarize the
    findings.

    thanks all,
    bobm