RE: Solaris hack

From: Glenn Pitcher (gpitcherat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 21:00:07 PST

    Well, the reality is, there really isn't any way of knowing just what to
    expect.  Especially since this is a production box, my suggestion is to
    bring the system down *as soon as possible* (moan, sigh) fix the problem
    (while keeping track of the downtime) then go to management and say - this
    is why we need to purchase/upgrade our security systems, look at the
    production time we've lost. Yes, its going to be a real headache and people
    are going to loose sleep but this is the price we pay for being SysAdmins.

    -------
    Glenn Pitcher
    System Administration / Security / Networking
    (858) 674-1847 (home)
    (858) 243-3433 (cell)
    gpitcherat_private