Re: Virus/trojan tunnel out from behind firewall?

From: Mike Shaw (mshawat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 15:30:41 PST

    Sounds like "shell shoveling".  With the source code to Netcat, a decent
    coder could make a shell shovelling program easily.  Then 'glue' it to the
    elf-bowling du-jour and fakemail to your favorite target.  This will bypass
    many if not the majority of FW configs.

    If you wanted to get real jiggy, you could make it connect to an IRC server
    and wait for commands to 'shovel' on cue.  OR, periodically check an HTTP
    discussion group waiting for the key-phrase.   Call it ''manchurian
    1.0"....*sigh* if I only had the time.

    -Mike