Port 6588 Probes from SA

From: BParisat_private
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 12:39:48 PDT

    On April 10th, my home computer, connected to Adelphia cablemodem, started
    getting probed for port 6588. Wondering if it was just my machine being
    trageted or if the block my machine resided on was being probed, I forced
    an address change (swapped the nic). The probes still continued.

    I realize that 6588 is used by AnalogX proxy software, but these probes, 17
    in all so far, originated in Saudia Arabia. Here is the list of offending
    IP's;

    212.70.48.99
    212.162.132.182
    213.165.39.212
    212.100.205.73
    212.70.57.253
    212.162.135.84
    217.165.76.52
    212.70.38.196
    212.71.54.230
    212.102.6.240
    212.70.62.89
    213.238.30.174
    212.70.58.45
    212.162.135.181
    212.93.223.95
    212.70.46.6
    212.93.212.114

    Here is the nmap output from the latest offender;

    Starting nmapNT V. 2.53 SP1 by ryanat_private
    eEye Digital Security ( http://www.eEye.com )
    based on nmap by fyodorat_private  ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )

    Host  (212.70.48.99) appears to be up ... good.
    Initiating SYN half-open stealth scan against  (212.70.48.99)
    Adding TCP port 2002 (state open).
    Adding TCP port 2000 (state open).
    Adding TCP port 59 (state open).
    The SYN scan took 116 seconds to scan 1523 ports.
    For OSScan assuming that port 59 is open and port 1 is closed and neither
    are firewalled
    For OSScan assuming that port 59 is open and port 1 is closed and neither
    are firewalled
    Interesting ports on  (212.70.48.99):
    (The 1517 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
    Port       State       Service
    59/tcp     open        priv-file
    137/tcp    filtered    netbios-ns
    138/tcp    filtered    netbios-dgm
    139/tcp    filtered    netbios-ssn
    2000/tcp   open        callbook
    2002/tcp   open        globe

    TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=random positive increments
                             Difficulty=115382 (Good luck!)

    Sequence numbers: 7806EB74 780DAAE3 7818BC36 7821C867 782D94F9 783792E6
    Remote operating system guess: Windows 2000 Professional, Build 2128

    Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 150 seconds

    I'm scratching my head at this point...  any ideas?

    William S. Paris
    Telecommunication / Network Analyst
    Sorrento Lactalis Inc.