Re: Port 6588 Probes from SA

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 11:17:39 PDT

    > I'm scratching my head at this point...  any ideas?

    Yeah, a couple of things...

    1.  Were the probes dropped?  If so, why does it
    matter?  From what you've been able to determine (from
    what you presented in your post) the scans were, in
    fact, broad-based, and you specifically, were NOT
    targetted.

    2.  Are you running anything on the port in question?
    If not, what about the probes got you upset enough to
    post to a public list?  You didn't mention anything
    about the probes consuming inordinate amounts of
    bandwidth, so it's not clear what the problem/issue
    is.

    3.  Update your nmapNT to the one available from
    Insecure.org.  The one you're using is old, out of
    date, and buggy.