Rootkit or trojan

From: Jason Robertson (jasonat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 20:37:45 PDT

    Okay I am wondering if anyone has seen a rootkit or trojan with the
    following files (please note, I do not have access to this machine
    directly, so this is only from a remote cursory view)
    The OS is Sun OS 2.5 (I know I know)
    First the executable

    /usr/bin/xntpx was created this program seems to be some icmp utility,
    which creates a large stream of ICMP traffic, the traffic we noticed
    was ICMP packets > 1024 to address 0.0.0.0

    Second /tmp/x which was run with xinetd /tmp/x

    Third /var/adm/* had the mode 666

    That was all of the information I had direct access too, though if I
    remember there was also a trojan sshd using the name ssld, and modcheck
    if I remember running as well

    Jason
    --
    Jason Robertson