automatic hacking tool for IIS?

From: Matt Andreko (mandrekoat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 07:37:44 PDT

    I have recently seen a few computers at a client site, that have been
    compromised, apparently because of unpatched IIS servers.  I mainly
    assumed that they were just done all together, since they had the same
    "style" of break-in.  Some IIS hack was done, and a copy of ServU was
    uploaded, and ran on port 2002.  (The ServU config file is at the bottom
    of this email).  All the files were stored in
    "c:\inetpub\iissamples\homepage\themes\journal\file\move\up\".  The
    messages for the FTP server state "Hacked by Hollowman for Rotter
    Board".
    Then I was at another client site, and saw a machine compromised the
    exact same way, and thought it to be more than a coincidence.  I believe
    that there is an automated tool going around to auto-hack IIS machines
    that are open, and make them a public dump site for warez (pirated
    software WAS found on these machines, in the folder listed above)

    Does anyone know if this is some automated attack roaming on the net by
    script kiddiez, or are there just a lot of people hacking machines the
    exact same way?

    ServUDaemon.ini
    ----
    [GLOBAL]
    Version=4.0.0.4
    RegistrationKey=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAawEEBDktuDznA+cD
    AgABYQdhQGEuY29tB0VDTGlQU0UA
    MaxNrUsers=5
    PacketTimeOut=300
    ProcessID=1520
    [DOMAINS]
    Domain1=0.0.0.0||2002|Hollowman|1
    [Domain1]
    MaxNrUsers=5
    User1=hollowman|1|0
    SignOn=c:\Inetpub\iissamples\homepage\themes\journal\file\move\up\Welcom
    e Messege.txt
    SignOff=c:\Inetpub\iissamples\homepage\themes\journal\file\move\up\Goodb
    ye Messege.txt
    DirChangeMesFile=c:\Inetpub\iissamples\homepage\themes\journal\file\move
    \up\change.txt
    User2=sex|0|0
    User3=icecube|1|0
    [USER=sex|1]
    Password=bcC6ECF2C13C81AFBFEB067B916C106F1C
    HomeDir=c:\inetpub\iissamples\homepage\themes\journal\file\move\up\home
    directory
    Enable=0
    RelPaths=1
    TimeOut=600
    Access1=c:\Inetpub\iissamples\homepage\themes\journal\file\move\up\Home
    Directory|WALCP
    [USER=hollowman|1]
    Password=dcC28CE15107FD18DD212A029CFC1D11B2
    HomeDir=c:\inetpub\iissamples\homepage\themes\journal\file\move\up\home
    directory
    Maintenance=System
    Access1=\|RWAMELCDP
    [USER=icecube|1]
    Password=dm2D5C549C70218799A6559276FA0FD309