Re: automatic hacking tool for IIS?

From: Patrick Andry (pandryat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 14:16:54 PDT

    I've run into one of these machines.  It made a single request for
    "/scripts/..%5c%5c../winnt/system32/cmd.exe".  Some research on the box
    showed it to be an unadministered NT box.  Being as it seemed to be a
    forgotten child, I portscanned it, telnetted to some of the open ports,
    and found the exact same thing.  Serve_u on port 2002, box vulnerable to
    unicode exploit.
    The FTP message differed, which leads me now to believe that it's a tool
      making the rounds.