Re: backdoor

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 02:07:37 PDT

    On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Fabio Miranda wrote:

    > hi, My box was compromised, and i cant rm a binary
    > that listens over tcp, i need help support, watch:

    S.O.P. (Standard Operating Procedures) describe that a compromised box
    should be considere lost and be installed from scratch.

    If you want to play with in isolation to learn more about the culprit that
    is your decision.

    However leaving a compromised system online makes you guilty of criminal
    neglect. (Aiding and embedding criminals and all that sort of thing.)

    As there is never a good waranty on trying to clean a compromised box you
    should not attempt it. (After all the box would most likely not be
    compromised if you were on the front of things.)

    Hugo.

    --
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/