Re: backdoor

From: Mike Lewinski (mikeat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 13:50:57 PDT

    "Hugo van der Kooij" wrote Sunday, June 23, 2002 3:07 AM

    > However leaving a compromised system online makes you guilty of criminal
    > neglect. (Aiding and embedding criminals and all that sort of thing.)

    IANAL, but my understanding is that if you want to prosecute the offender,
    you shouldn't touch the box again after discovering the compromise (i.e.
    could be construed as tampering w/ evidence).

    Just one of many legal catch-22's I've run into on the job.

    Personally, I'd prefer the risks of not being able to prosecute over my own
    criminal neglect liability.

    Mike