RE: Strange pings from akamai?

From: James Cook (james.cookat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 09:02:51 PDT

    They seem to have stopped now, but for the last couple weeks my home PC has
    been getting ICMP requests from 213.56.194.53
    (a213-56-194-53.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
    .

    They always seem to come in blocks of 12 in a row with 20 seconds between
    each request.

    Also, they seem to be preceeded or followed by the same pattern from various
    other hosts. For example, 24.94.162.92 (mkc-162-092.kc.rr.com) or
    24.130.30.75 (ak-24-130-30-75.we.ipsvc.net).

    Any info would be good - I was wondering about this myself.

    Cheers
    James