Re: Q328691 ?

From: Nick FitzGerald (nick@virus-l.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 17:45:23 PDT

    Jonathan Rickman <jonathanat_private> to "H C":

    > > Increase in attacks?  How so?
    > >
    > > My idea is this...the alert says absolutely nothing of
    > > use.
    >
    > I can't help but wonder who these mystery victims are, other than the one
    > mentioned in a writeup I read earlier. I suspect that the victims in this
    > case may very well be MS corporate systems, otherwise one would think that
    > we would have heard more about it in public forums.

    If you can bear exposing yourself to it, look into some of the
    microsoft.public.*virus* and microsoft.public.*win*security*
    newsgroups and look for threads with "[m]irc" and/or "secedit" in
    the Subject: lines.

    Should give you a feeling for the "mystery victims".

    --
    Nick FitzGerald
    Computer Virus Consulting Ltd.