Re: Possible remote vulnerability in SSH-1.2.27

From: Alexandru Frangeti (alex.frangetiat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 20:45:43 PDT

    Made in Romania.....damn, that rings me a bell...

    The solution against these types of attacks (as we handle them pretty
    much, since i'm a romanian sysadmin of Astral Telecom) is knowing pretty
    much what you're doing with your hosts.allow and deny files, forbidding
    acces to all ips on every service, if possible filter all the services you
    need to provide and close all the others...and especially, use the
    grsecurity patches for your kernel (www.grsecurity.org), patches that make
    your kernel invulnerable to most romanian exploits, that are based either
    on rpc overflow, ssh overflow or wu-ftpd overflows.

    For everyone on the list, if you need other examples of romanian
    rootkits/exploits, for you to analyse and learn how to defend yourself,
    please don't hesitate to contact me on private address.

    Alexandru Frangeti,
    SysAdmin
    Astral Telecom SA.