Re: Strange Folder

From: P.P. Lodder (p.lodderat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 11:17:22 PDT

    On Sunday, 6 Oct 2002, discipulus wrote:

    > The other day I noticed a strange folder had been created
    > on my W2K Pro machine at work.

    > The folder had been created in C:\Documents and Settings and
    > didn't have an account name but four or five odd looking square
    > block characters instead.  When I right click on the folder and
    > choose "properties", it displays the name as "rrrrr".

    > AFAIK, the only way a new folder would be created in C:\Documents and
    Settings\
    > is for "first time" logins.

    I yesterday noted the same when I resetted an user's profile on an NT4
    Workstation machine. Today, again. Difference is that here it shows up on
    the desktop instead of in the profile map
    (C:\WINNT\Profiles\<user>\Desktop). I logged into the machine as
    administrator to delete the locally stored profile after doing the same on
    the server. This was due to incidents with corrupted user profiles, of which
    i am still researching the cause.

    Anyone else been seeing this besides us?

    --
    Patrick Lodder
    p.lodderat_private