Strange Folder

From: discipulus (rootman22at_private)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 06:34:29 PDT

    Hi,

    The other day I noticed a strange folder had been created
    on my W2K Pro machine at work.

    The folder had been created in C:\Documents and Settings and
    didn't have an account name but four or five odd looking square
    block characters instead.  When I right click on the folder and
    choose "properties", it displays the name as "rrrrr".  When I click
    on the "Security" tab, it shows my account with "Full" access and
    somebody else who shouldn't have access to my PC with "Full" access.
    I don't know who this person is but they aren't located in our office
    and wouldn't have physical access to my PC.

    I had previously restricted access to my machine to only myself and
    the administrator account.  No other account besides administrator or
    my account has access to C:\ or any other drives.

    I religiously keep my PC up to date on all security patches.

    I had security logging turned on and it shows where this person connected
    to my machine via NTLM on the same day the weird folder was created
    but it doesn't show anything other than the logon/logoff session was
    successful.

    Has my account/PC been compromised?

    AFAIK, the only way a new folder would be created in C:\Documents and Settings\
    is for "first time" logins.

    Can anyone help clear this up for me?

    Thanks