Re: RES: SNMP vulnerability test?

From: Mark Tinberg (mtinbergat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 19:15:40 PDT

    May I refer to the document at

    http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/445/

    which contains a very good analysis of printer security risks, which are
    usually totally ignored because "it's just a printer", when most modern
    printers are full network servers with full operating systems (VXworks,
    QNX, other.) underneath.  Others have PostScript, which is an environment
    all to itself.

    --
    Mark Tinberg <MTinbergat_private>
    Network Security Engineer, SecurePipe Inc.