RE:

From: T. Willner, Elitetraderz.com (thomaswillnerat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 06:49:04 PDT

    Here is a free program which performs those win popups. If you want
    download it and check how it works (ports, etc.). Get it here:

    http://www.computec.ch/software/denial_of_service/winpopup-flooder/winpopup-flooder.zip

    Later.
    T0m
    --- "Hay,Daniel" <DHayat_private> wrote:
    > We are in the same boat, We have udp/tcp 135-139 and 445 blocked but
    > we still see the spam. We have identified 2 hosts on campus 1 is a
    > Linux box running RedHat 7.3 the other seems to be a Win2k box. I've
    > done a quick check of the Linux box but it doesn't appear to be
    > compromised, one thing I did notice from external scanning is that
    > RPC on the Linux box is not configured correctly and allows
    > forwarding of RPC requests. I've not checked the windows box yet but
    > I was thinking maybe the requests where being forwarded from outside
    > the campus network to hosts inside via these misconfigured RPC
    > installations. Any thoughts? Am I way off base here?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Danny

    =====
    Latest Stock Market News And Analysis At:
    www.elitetraderz.com
    Phone: +56-9-3193229
    Fax:    +56-2-3260048
    CEO:   Thomas Willner