RE: Proxy server hit... Any ideas?

From: Mike Cain (mikecat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 07:07:35 PST

    Yeah, the box came to me basically because the guy above me doesn't have
    a clue about NT or about ANY security... Bad timing I guess or good
    depending on how you look at it... I have just got back from meeting
    with management to suggest some policies, now they want me to write an
    IT policies handbook, guess I asked for that one huh? :)

    So where should I start looking for de-facto policies, and such? Or
    should I just use my best judgment? I'm thinking the latter is a bad
    idea because if one doesn't pan out, then they say, "Well... YOU wrote
    them..." :)

    Again, thanks SO MUCH for all the responses. Groups like this make
    learning the security scene A LOT less painful.

    Mike Cain