RE: Proxy server hit... Any ideas?

From: Alvin Oga (alvin.secat_private-Consulting.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 03:48:18 PST

    hi ya mike

    my it policies
    	- no telnet, no ftp, no ppp, no pop3, no pptp, no vpn
    	- no dhcp, no laptops from home, no wireless
    	- definitely nothing from an insecure network at home...

    	- i want to to know anytime anything connects and disconnects
    	from the "supposedly secure" corp lan

    - than figure out who gets exceptions and why and how ...  and reiterate
      that each exception to the policy has the possibility to erase the
      PCs and possibily disrupt or erase the entire corp lan by "click-happy"
      users
    	- lots of fun stuf to do..

    Security Policy Stuff ( RFCs even )
    	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Policy/