RE: Mysterious "Support" account created on Win2k server

From: Michiel Overtoom (motoomat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 10:55:28 PST

    Kyle wrote...

    >port 445 worm/virus/Trojans are the ones spread via SMB over TCP, port 445,
    >using "net use \\[machine]\ipc$.  The Trojans include password dictionaries
    >for guessing admin ids and passwords.

    On my servers I remove these kind of builtin account using a batchfile which
    get executed from the startup folder:

      @echo off
      echo Unsharing default shares...
      net share ipc$ /delete
      net share admin$ /delete
      net share c$ /delete
      net share d$ /delete
      net share e$ /delete
      net share f$ /delete
      net share g$ /delete
      net share h$ /delete

    --
    Michiel Overtoom  - motoomat_private  //  Computers are Creative Wonder Machines