RE: Mysterious "Support" account created on Win2k server

From: Michael LaSalvia (mikeat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 07:35:06 PST

    A better way to remove those shares is in the registry. The batch file you
    refer to, many of these so called hackers refer to as secure.bat. The
    problem with this is that the batch needs to be put in some start up option
    ( reg run, startup, autoexec, or windows login script. Cause as soon as you
    reboot the shares are back. If you go to google and do a search for default
    admin shares you will get the exact reg you need for the o/s you are
    running.

    Michael LaSalvia
    Information Technology Coordinator
    Jason Foundation for Education