Re: Subseven 2.2 Server?

From: dataspy (dataspyat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 13:04:58 PST

    Hello Nick et al,

    Subseven 2.2 uses blowfish encryption to store the settings, at the
    end of the server executable if i remember correctly. While in
    subseven 2.1 the editserver was able to "open" and read from the
    server, 2.2 did not have this feature (I think the author beleived it
    added security).

    I would reccomend using a packet sniffer on a machine and running the
    server on that machine, and seeing if it pages an ICQ number, or joins an IRC
    channel, or emails someone. Alternatively you can use something like
    "memspy" or "winhex" to view the servers memory when its running :- i
    think some of the settings are viewable in plain text there too.

    Let me know how you go.

    dataspy (dsinc)