RE: email address probes

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 16:54:52 PST

    And spammers have gotten smart; if they notice a teergrube (what this used
    to be called), they route their attempt through a different proxy, rotating
    them as they slow down.  So it's only marginally effective against good ones
    (who are savvy enough to harvest in the manner you are observing).

    http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=2j0kb9.j97.ln%40ne
    ws.lorenzmatthias.de&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26ie%3DISO-8859-1
    %26q%3Dteergrube%26btnG%3DGoogle-Suche%26meta%3Dgroup%253Dthur.net.admin

                Kind regards, Axel Beckert
    Axel Beckert       ecos electronic communication services gmbh

    E-Mail:     beckertat_private          Voice:   +49 6133 939-220
    |   Visit us at CeBIT from 12. to 19. March 2003             |
    |   Messe Hannover * Halle 11 * Stand D42/18                 |
    |   http://www.cebit.de/                                     |

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. For more
    information on this free incident handling, management