Re: Weird Profile in Documents and Settings

From: Anders Thulin (Anders.Thulinat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 00:20:27 PST

    Greg Wiedeman wrote:

    > I have an incident where in the documents and settings in windows 2000 I
    > have a profile show up under a number of systems where the name of the
    > folder shows up as 3 squares. I don't know where it came from but it
    > appears on my workstations and my servers. I don't know what it is. Does
    > anyone know anything that would make this profile????

       Can you copy the characters and paste them into a Unicode-capable
    editor?  If these are characters not present in the font used for displaying
    folder names, that might help.

       Related note: some time ago, I discovered a similar occurrence, but
    in the Certificates - Current User MMC plugin: two folders with Chinese(?)
    names, and one with a single square were there. The folders are empty, though.
    I asked around on Focus-MS, but noone seems to have seen anything like it.

    --
    Anders Thulin   anders.thulinat_private   040-661 50 63
    Ki Consulting AB, Box 85, SE-201 20 Malmö, Sweden

    Do you know the base address of the Global Offset Table (GOT) on a Solaris 8
    box?
    CORE IMPACT does.
    www.securityfocus.com/core