Re: The Return of Code Red II?

From: Roger Thompson (rthompson111at_private)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 11:02:43 PST

    At 11:24 AM 3/11/2003 -0600, you wrote:

    >Is anyone else seeing traffic generated by Code Red II.  I thought it
    >wasn't supposed to propagate after 10/01?  Unfortunately I don't have the
    >whole string but here is the RealSecure Event.

    Yeah. It's two bytes different. The two bytes control the 'stop' year. This
    one won't ever stop, although it will still take a vacation from October to
    December each year. I'm calling it CodeRed.F.

    See... www.wormwatch.org

    Roger

    Regards

    Roger Thompson
    Technical Director of Malicious Code Research
    TruSecure Corporation
    www.trusecure.com
    www.wormwatch.org

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>