strange DNS behavior over the last 2 days

From: steve baker (stephenbbakerat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 10:06:31 PST

    For some odd reason, periodically our clients will visit a site, only to
    have a blank page appear as if the site loaded.

    Nslookup resolves the correct IP address, but ping returns 64.251.66.2 for
    every address that has this problem.  There are NO hosts files on these
    machines and regardless of which DNS server we point them to, the same
    problem occurs.

    The problem occurs intermittently as well, which makes it even harder to pin
    down.  Some sites previously affected will be accessible and new sites not
    affected suddenly have the same problem - but they eventually clear up in
    just about 10 minutes.

    Very strange.  Has anyone heard or seen this before on a network running
    windows nt 4 DNS server with nt/2000 clients?

    Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
    viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
    critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfihl1